[Available for trade]
For this ATC I used a gel medium transfer technique for the background.
You can see the tan paper I used through the transfer.
Someone asked me what a gel medium transfer was, below is the condensed version, I will post a video later.
Gel medium transfer is fairly labor intensive, but allows you to use any image as a transfer while allowing backgrounds to show through and maintains crisp lines and images.
To create a gel medium transfer:
- Select an image from a news paper, print, copy.
- Layer a thin coat of gel medium either length-wise or height-wise and let dry.
- Add another coat in the opposite direction. Then add another coat.
- Some recommend doing this 6-7 times, but it can become quite thick.
- After the final coat let the gel medium dry at least 8 hours.
- Soak the transfer in slightly warm water for 10 minutes.
- Gently peel the paper backing off your transfer (you may need to re-wet).
- Pat dry. After the transfer dries you may see more paper, re-soak and re-peel the remaining paper.
- Apply to your ATC or altered art with a think layer of gel medium